Join a Winning Team at Sears Imported Autos, Inc.
Welcome to our Employment Opportunities page! If you’re looking for an opportunity to be appreciated and involved in your career, your search is complete. We have a great history of providing excellent career opportunities for sharp, energetic people.
We are always looking for qualified:
- Accounting/Administrative personnel
- Express lube technicians
- General line technicians
- Lot attendants
- New vehicle sales consultants
- Service valets/porters
Position Summary: The Automotive Technician works as an integral part of the service team. Automotive Technicians perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on diesel and gasoline powered vehicles.
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing problems with the engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, and similar systems
- Performing vehicle inspections and making sure the vehicles function properly
- Driving the vehicle for testing purposes
- Using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers
- Maintaining efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing and repairing vehicles
- Following a checklist in ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined
- Watching or inspecting closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items
- Must have experience with diesel and gasoline engines
- Must have a technical degree from an automotive school, or have adequate experience
- Must have your own tools (special tools will be provided by dealership)
- Mercedes-Benz and Reynolds & Reynolds experience preferred but not required
- Possess problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Manual dexterity and enough strength and flexibility to work in uncomfortable positions for long periods of time
- Able to pass background check, drug test, and have a clean driving record
- Union pay scale
- Union pension plan
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
Compensation: Flat Rate – $50,000-$80,000+
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours are tentatively Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, but can be adjusted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should click to apply below to submit resume online.
- Seeking self-motivated and skilled technicians.
- Must be neat, punctual and thorough.
- Should possess problem-solving skills and diagnostic ability.
- High-line experience preferred.
No Phone calls or Emails please! Please submit everything via the website.