A new era of driving has arrived.
Bridging the gap between elegance and sustainability as the first fully electric luxury sedan from Mercedes-EQ.
For more than a century, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class has stood as the ultimate expression of what the automobile can be.
Time and again, this vehicle has driven new standards in comfort, elegance, safety and innovation. And if there’s one thing that defines our approach to this icon, it’s knowing that we’ll never be finished perfecting it. With the 2021 S-Class, we’ve redefined luxury again, re-imagining what’s possible for the future of driving.
The new S-Class is longer and wider, and yet all-new rear-axle steering makes it more nimble, with a tighter turning radius for urban driving. What those added dimensions deliver is comfort and spaciousness inside. Here, a lounge-like atmosphere caters to the welfare of driver and passengers in uniquely S-Class ways. Activate the massaging seats, cue an ENERGIZING Comfort wellness program, raise the rear-seat calf rests, bask in the Burmester 4D sound system: Every drive is designed to be unforgettable. For the driver, no fewer than 19 motors allow you to perfect your seat position for maximum comfort.
And that’s just one example of the innovation engineered for this vehicle. Within the S-Class, numerous other technologies make this one of the most advanced sedans you’ll ever drive. The vehicle is equipped with up to five screens, including the striking new center console that seems to float conveniently within reach. Interior Active Ambient Lighting not only sets the mood, it also supports the driver assistance features or signals interactions with the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) system. A 3D Digital Instrument Cluster provides a more accurate rendering of the world around the vehicle. The very latest Intelligent Drive features come standard. And speaking of MBUX, it now has 50% more processing power.
Some of our most important innovations are ones we hope will never be needed. Rear passenger airbags have been engineered to deploy from in front of the passenger, significantly reduce loads in case of collision. And systems like PRESAFE® Impulse Side — which consist of an air chamber in the side bolster of the seat, nudging the passenger away from an imminent side impact — continue to find ingenious ways to reduce potential hazards. They combine to make the S-Class as reassuring as it is revolutionary.
Technology and Performance
- 107.8 kWh battery capacity
- 11.25 hours (10 – 100%) charging time, AC Charging (240V)
- 31 minutes (10 – 100%) charging time, DC fast charging (200kW)
- 329 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque (EQS 450+) and 516 hp and 611 lb-ft of torque (EQS 580 4MATIC®)
- 0-60 mph 5.5 secondsDisclaimer (EQS 480+) and 4.1 seconds (EQS 580 4MATIC®)Disclaimer
- Estimated top speed of 130 mphDisclaimer
- Rear-axle steering up to 4.5-degrees, optional 10-degrees
- AIRMATIC® Air Suspension with Adaptive Damping System
- DYNAMIC SELECT including Comfort, Sport, Eco and Individual driving modes
- Adjustable Regenerative Braking with Steering Wheel Paddles
- Active Ambient Lighting with Illuminated Door Sill Panels
- KEYLESS GO® with Seamless Door Handles & Hands-Free Access
- Active Parking Assist with Surround View CameraDisclaimer
- DIGITAL LIGHT Intelligent Lighting System with front & rear LED lightbands
- Active Highbeam Assist
- Driver Assistance Package with Active Distance Assist DISTRONICDisclaimer, Active Lane Keeping and Blind Spot Assist, and PRESAFE® PLUS including PRESAFE® Impulse SideDisclaimer
- Wireless Smartphone Integration & Wireless front Smartphone ChargerDisclaimer
- Six 100W USB-C Ports
- New-generation MBUX Multimedia System with Augmented Reality Navigation systemDisclaimer, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
- EQS 580: Optional MBUX Hyperscreen with three displays under a single 56-inch curved glass surface:
- 3” Instrument Cluster, 17.7” Central OLED Touchscreen Display and 12.3” Passenger Display8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB memory
- The largest display ever in a production Mercedes-Benz
- Haptic feedback with a total of 12 actuators under the touchscreen surface
- Supports 27 languages with Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Personal home screen with “Zero Layer” principle
- MBUX can be controlled by natural voice recognition
- Fluid, proactive user interface
- AI data processing for intuitive driver suggestions
- MBUX with up to seven profiles can be activated by biometric authentication, voice control and facial recognition
- EQS 450+: 12.8” Central OLED Touchscreen Portrait Display
- Fingerprint Sensor for biometric authentication of the driver to activate profile
- Active Ambient Lighting with 64 Colors, including a new EQ-Specific Color Scheme
- Front/Rear Automatic Doors with smart power open/close
- DIGITAL LIGHT with Lightband
- Active Ambient Lighting
- Heated Leather Seats with Multi-Contour Ambient Light Illumination
- Comfort Front Headrest and Rear Headrest Pillows
- Burmester® 3D Sound System with Sound PersonalizationDisclaimer
- HEPA Air Filtration for cabin air filtration
- Multicontour front seats with massage
- 4-Zone Climate Control
- Soft close doors
- Comfort center armrest with wireless charging
- Mercedes me charge capability
- Panorama Sunroof
- 20” Wheels