Homelink Garage Door Opener
For 2012 Mercedes-Benz Models and Newer!
Before beginning the process:
1. Make sure that objects, people and the vehicle are not present within the sweep of the garage door.
2. Throughout the programming process the status lamp on the mirror opener may turn green, red, or yellow.
3. Anytime a red indicator lamp appears, the process needs to be started again
4. Ensure that the garage door remote control is with you to program the mirror opener. Depending on the type of opener, you may also have to be close to the drive motor of the garage door opener (step 6)
5. Start the vehicle outside in a safe place.
Step 1. If necessary, clear out any old codes by pushing and holding the 2 outer buttons, a solid yellow lamp will come on. Release both buttons when the lamp changes to solid green. Do not continue until the solid green lamp goes out.
Step 2. Choose, but do not touch, one of the 3 buttons on the mirror opener which will be used to open the garage door.
Step 3. Push the selected button on the mirror for ~3 seconds. While pushing, the lamp will go solid yellow, when you let it go, it will start to blink yellow.
Step 4. Pick up the garage door remote and hold it 2 to 8 inches below the buttons on the mirror. Press the opener button on the garage opener remote until the mirror status indicator lamp turns green.
Step 5. If the status lamp turns solid green, programming is complete. If the status lamp is blinking green, the opener is a rolling code type and requires further programming. Please proceed to Step 6.
Step 6. The next steps must be done while the vehicle is at the location near the garage door drive motor.
a. Press the programming button or learning button located on the garage door opener/drive motor. A ladder and/or flashlight may be necessary.
b. Within 30 seconds press and hold the same button selected earlier in Step 2 for ~3 seconds. Press the button on the mirror in this fashion repeatedly (may take 2-3 tries) until the door activates.
c. Programming complete.