BBB Accreditied Business
Sears Imported Autos, Inc. has been a BBB Accredited business since September 1976. This means it supports BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB Accreditation standards.
What is a BBB Accredited Business?
If a business has been accredited by BBB, it means BBB has determined that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
What are BBB Ratings?
BBB assigns ratings by evaluating businesses in the following categories:
- BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates
- The business' length of time in operation
- Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license
- Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities
- Any advertising issues found by BBB
- The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers
- The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers that are of a serious nature
- Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB
- Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them
- Business' overall complaint history with BBB
- Whether the business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
- Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions and mediated settlements
- Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business
- Whether the business is a BBB Accredited Business
- Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards
Ratings are determined by a proprietary formula that represents BBB's opinion as to (1) the importance of each category, and (2) the appropriate score given to the business for each category.
BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB's degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns filled with BBB.
Details as to any issues identified by BBB are contained in the business' BBB Reliability Report.
A business may receive an "NR" (No Rating) instead of a rating under circumstances that include:
- BBB file is being reviewed or updated
- BBB does not have sufficient information about the business
- Recent activity requires further review by BBB
BBB's rating of a business reflects BBB's opinion about the business based on information in our files and BBB experience. The rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and readers should consider a business' rating in addition to all other available information about the business.
BBB ratings are subject to change on a daily basis based on changes in a business' BBB file.